1. Taking a good job for granted.
2. Assuming that your job will last.
3. Taking a new job too quickly.
4. Burning a bridge.
5. Quitting a job in haste.
6. Failing to negotiate for your value.
7. Putting up with mistreatment at work.
8. Chasing a job opportunity to oblivion.
9. Failing to set boundaries at work.
10. Trusting the wrong person.
Even if you try, it’s hard to appreciate a great job while you’re in it. Even though it’s a great job, there are always problems and headaches to deal with. You don’t realize how good the job was until you’re gone. Once you feel that pang “Wow — I didn’t know how good I had it!” you’ll appreciate all kinds of good things — not just jobs, but other good experiences, people and feelings too — more than you did before.